Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Gundam Build Fighters - Thoughts

I have to admit that I've been taken by surprise.  I didn't expect that I would get into another Gundam series for while and certainly not this one.  I missed AGE.  I didn't bother.  Wasn't really feeling it.  I enjoyed 00 a lot.  I thought I'd be good for a while.  I watched Beginners G.  It was OK.  I liked the fact that they brought back some old suits.  This is one of the reasons why I really like this Build Fighters series.  Suits that never even made it into anime can be seen in this series and that's great.  Plus the modifications.  But I didn't like Beginning G that much.  White Sazabi.  Sky Blue Zaku.  The Zaku F2000 was cool.  I picked that one up.

However THIS one on the other hand!  I was really moved by this episode especially by Mao.  It brings a lot of things together.  If you haven't seen it yet take a look.  Things can change but I can tell you now... I'm invested.  I think it will just get better.  It's one of my favourite series in a long time.  It's cheesy and predictable sometimes and treads all to familiar ground.  They won't be deviating from the "formula" much here but I'm entertained.  And... it's about me!  It's about us!  How can it really get any better?  They decided to make an anime about Gundam fans!  It brings a lot of things in that I didn't expect and I felt things that I didn't think I'd feel.

And most importantly... somehow this show has renewed my passion in Gunpla and has caused me to think about it in different ways.  I know this is all contrived and I'm falling into the merchandising trap that's been laid out for me but look at me.  Walking right in with my eyes wide open.  And loving it.  Because for me this is quality.  They made something really good here with something for everyone.  You don't even have to be a Gundam fan to enjoy it but if you're willing to learn about it like the young female character is here it can be fun for you too.  Maybe :)  This show resonated a lot with me on many levels.  I was surprised at how closely some of the situations mirrored my own life, experiences and thoughts.

There are always lessons to be learned in this show too and I also like that.  Similar to G.I. Joe with, "Now you know and knowing is half the battle." , Ral always has some wisdom in this program.

"The goddess of victory won't smile on those who neglect their daily efforts!"

Remember it!

No comments:

Post a Comment