Friday, January 27, 2012

Jestas 2 - Main Assembly Complete

All done and it was a lot of fun.  Prepping the parts wasn't so enjoyable but it has to be done.  Nubs all over my clothes.  On the desk.  In the box.  On the table.  On the carpet.  Sanding.  Blah.  Messy.

But it was a nice opportunity to enjoy listening to music, talking to friends or family, watching stuff on TV.  Sometimes I wonder if it's not the Gundam's so much as being able to do the other things at the same time.

No way.  It's the Gundam's!  But it really is such a relaxing hobby sometimes...  I've learned a lot of stuff while building Gundam's and goodness knows it helps with women because they can just keep talking and I can actually pay attention to what they're saying because I'm doing something else at the same time.  Weird how that works.  Can't give a woman your full attention.  That's just ridiculous! (jk to all my female readers.)

Anyways, onward!  To the pics!

After the cleaning I brought out all the parts and organized them by section.  Guess work but when you've built as many Gundam's as I have this part is actually pretty easy.





Very fun!  Trying to think of names and which one is going to be #1 and which one is going to be #2.  Hard to decide since they were both made at exactly the same time and parts from either box have been intermixed.

Oh yeah!  Alternate configuration.  Ngee and I don't have anything in common there.  I NEVER want to do it the standard way like it is on the box.  I'm going to switch it up if I can.  I need to do it my way.

U.C. 0096 Big Boss.  I have 6 suits from that era now and they are all GREAT.

Tag Team Champions

Sinanju vs. Jestas x2.  Who wins?

Yes!
 Totally worth it!!!

3 comments:

  1. Sinanju wins. An ace suit against two grunt units? No contest.

    I love the Jesta design. Very sci-fi and also very military. That painted build GG shared today was a killer rendition. That rifle... Damn. UC has not produced a design I dislike to date, and some of the nicest weapons too. Feel like watching the eye candy fest that was UC ep. 4 again just thinking about it.

    I am flattered to think that something I've written has inspired the passion for gunpla within a reader to make them desire a certain kit. 2011 started slowly for me in terms of Gunpla and there was not a lot that interested me throughout the year until December. So thank you Falldog and Henry Feng for instilling the desire in me to own a MG Sandrock. Thanks to GaiGun for inevitably adding a FA Unicorn to my backlog, and now thanks to you Buster I'll be acquiring at least one HG Jesta at some stage.

    Add to that the MG Heavyarms released only a day or two ago, the only MG Wing kit I've really held any interest for throughout 2011 since the Wing announcement. I'll also take a MG Banshee and an RG Gundam MK II (hopefully in Titans colours), thanks very much.

    2012 is shaping up to be a great year for gunpla. I have a feeling that with Unicorn ep. 5 releasing mid year we will see the culmination of the Unicorn BD releases and the series finalized this year, and plenty more brilliant UC HG's and maybe another MG or two.

    I'd love to look at the prospect of property iwnership this year so it will be a tough year for me to resist buying gunpla by the looks of it. The family's growing and its time.

    I very much relate to the therapeautic qualities of gunpla. I too find prep and assembly relaxing. LOLd at making listening easier. Have to try that out..

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first shot with the two completed Jestas? Pure awesome.

    But damnit BB, you make me want to build my Jestas, and I don't think it matters how much talking to the missus I can get in, she'll still kill me if I don't finished some of the other ones first...

    ReplyDelete
  3. damn looks really awesome, and i like the designs of the jesta's.
    they look really robust and rock steady, as if they wil last forever.
    i'll order a jesta to if my backlog runs low :P

    looking forward to youre next model

    ReplyDelete