Thursday, April 14, 2011

MG Exia


Damn this is a good looking model. Kinda glad that it won.  Also glad that I didn't pay for it... great free addition to the collection.  +C1 is nothing to scoff at either.  Girl's got some taste in mecha!

I'm keeping it close and just looking at it over time and letting the ideas come slowly although I've pretty much decided what I want to do.

I'm not sure what to do about primer though. I didn't see any at my local shop. Looks like I might have to prime from my airbrush for the first time. Probably for the best. What do people in North America use for that? A friend's coming to visit me from Japan. Maybe I'll have her bring me some.

Funny note. I had the hip sword mounts assembled backwards all this time. Easy to fix. I knew something was wrong! Lesson learned: Trust your instincts. If you think it's wrong it probably is.

6 comments:

  1. In North America we either use Tamiya's Primer or Testor's primer. I usually just stick to glossy black paint and some light sprays of laquer gunmetal. Erosion as detail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or if you want a cheap alternative, you can use Krylon's Primer. I'm pretty sure places like Home Depot have more paint option then Walmart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use mr. hobby 1200 to prime through the AB, though I mix it with a little more thinner when I do decide to prime.

    Kinda makes me want to get another MG Exia and try again...

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the advice guys! theres a home depot near my place. i'll go and take a look

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Exia is one of my favorites, and was the kit that brought me back to Gunpla just a few years back. I still have an unbuilt NG aside from my MG IM.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just finished up my MG Exia yesterday

    ReplyDelete