Saturday, April 9, 2011

Exia / Zeta+C1 Resurrection

Well protected in the Duvel box, these two survived the journey back with little damage.  A broken handle, a couple missing parts which I may actually have here already.

I am reminded that the Exia is essentially the "Viewer's Choice" mecha that is next to be worked on.  Exia gets moved to the forefront with Titanium Finish.

I'm still getting adjusted between places to work.  I set up a decent lab downstairs that gives me solitude but I do more work when I'm around people.  Namely in the kitchen so I'm thinking of setting up a work station there.

PLUS

Natural light shots.  Guys... seriously.  It is not over rated.  Check it out.  I will let the pictures do the talking.  You can figure it out.




















The last pic demonstrates my biggest problem with this suit. Balance. Gonna have to start with the feet first and mod for stability. Need to tighten up the joints too and make them stiffer. Armour will probably be glued in place. Light frame painting, no major detailing. The head/face is exceptional. Will spend some extra time there.

The real work is going to come down to how the blue is treated and changing the tones of the white. May be forced to do a little bit of light weathering for the first time.

2 comments:

  1. Quite the interesting box to ship your Gunplas in. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. The joints that need stiffening the most, I've discovered, are the ankles - two ball joints in each (I'd recommend using PVA glue or epoxy to thicken them up a bit), and the hips (the pegs that connect to the crotch are especially loose).

    Otherwise, this guy can pose like nobody's business. I think the only Gunpla that has a better range of motion would be either the PG Strike, the MG Astrays or the HG 00 Gundam.

    ReplyDelete