Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Delta Plus / Delta Gundam

I love the Delta Plus... but I love the Delta Gundam more. Actually the original reason why I wanted to buy the Delta Plus was just so that I could make the Delta Gundam. I was sure that I wasn't the only person that had that idea and sure enough other modelers did end up making it... but it wasn't as abundant as I thought it'd be. I thought a lot of people would be going for this mod but as it turns out not many did. Looking at what the modeler below did I can kind of see why. It's not really that easy. Comparatively it is because you're making a more complex design simpler but there are a couple of things that have to be almost completely redesigned (the shield for one).

I like the Delta Gundam more than the Delta Plus because of the colour and the simpler design. It's a shame the suit wasn't fit for use during the AEUG/Titan's conflict. It would have made a great suit for Quattro to pilot but he would have stolen the show from Camille and they'd have had to call it Delta Gundam instead of Zeta.

This begs the question... what on earth would a Double Delta Gundam look like?

Perhaps similar to this?


It's not pictured here in wave rider mode but it looks cool.  Very cool in my opinion.

4 comments:

  1. The Delta Gundam is more than just a Delta Plus with a different color scheme. Sadly, if I ever get one, I'd be limited to just laying on the bling and not much else.

    That Full Armor Hyaku Shiki Kai's pretty cool. It may be considerably bulkier, but it's got a powerful particle cannon that it doesn't need to lug around. Actually, this could be the precursor to the armament concepts behind the Sazabi:

    http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/m-msv/fa-100s.htm

    Lord knows how that monstrosity would transform, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a disastrous mech that is. i mean that in the sense that it could cause a lot of disaster. what a beast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, Char might have stolen the show if he were to pilot the Delta Gundam instead of Hyaku Shiki, just like how Kira stole the show from Shin. :p

    Most importantly, if Char had the Delta Gundam at that point of time, he would not have become a sitting duck against Haman's Qubeley

    ReplyDelete
  4. I myself a Gundam fanatic but have you ever think for a moment how did they draw such beautiful manga.
    how to draw manga

    ReplyDelete