Tuesday, October 26, 2010

HGUC Sinanju - WIP 1.1

I was taking a look at Dalong's review of this kit and there was one picture in particular that made me question what I'm doing.

I really stopped to take a look at the shape of that movable thruster set on the outside of the legs.  My approach to this new kit was to "add" but now I'm thinking that it'd better to "subtract".  I'm being intentionally vague.  Something is better than nothing right? haha

I took a hard look at my puttied parts today and decided that I want to go in a different direction.  The putty has already cured so there's nothing I can do about that now but as it turns out my putty work will still be necessary.  I just won't need as much as I thought.

Inspiration can really come from anywhere at anytime.  It's good to just spend some time looking at models.  You never can tell when and where the next idea is going to come from.

2 comments:

  1. The polycap behind that moveable thruster is a great opportunity for weapon and armor hardpoints, y'know. Nice spot for an extra solid sword or GN Drive.

    ReplyDelete