Wednesday, September 8, 2010

HLJ VF-27 - WIP 8 - Rifle

First and only appearance of under-gates. ALL gates should be like this as far as I'm concerned.
Not that many parts.  More complicated than regular rifles but definitely manageable.
I like how they put in the nozzle of the energy emitter.  You'll never see it later but its the little things you know.  I also like how the scope can pop up.  The handle can fold back ever so slightly.  Kinda wonder why they even bothered to add that.
Open
Closed
I've long since painted and detailed this but pics of the parts I painted will be covered in a separate post.

4 comments:

  1. I like how it splits and the pop up scope is pretty cool too. There needs to be a Gundam with a rifle like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to see more scopes on Gundam weapons too... and bipods.

    I think the slight degree of articulation in the handle would be beneficial to posing. You know how you can never quite get them to hold the rifle exactly how you wanted it without it being side on or the hands looking wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  3. david - i was thinking that too! quite different than any gundam rifle ive made

    tonzo - good point!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "The handle can fold back ever so slightly. Kinda wonder why they even bothered to add that." But it's the little things you know... haha ;)

    While ever so slight, that rifle actually reminds me of Tallgeese III's Mega Cannon!

    ReplyDelete