Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Girls Generation / Kara / Japanese Beer Girls

Note: Press ctrl - to minimize the images if they're too big for your browser.  I intentionally posted large images this time.  They're worthy.

Perhaps the only specifically non-Gundam related topic I've written about on this blog.  But it's worth mentioning and I think some of you will thank me for doing this later.

I first posted a pic of Girls Generation here.  Since then ASM (he hasn't posted about it... YET) and Gaigun have gotten into them as well and I'm sure most of you will too.

I will now tell you of the story of how I came to learn about this group.  It's a roundabout story.

It started on a trip to Ishikawa prefecture but we'd stopped for dinner at a sushi shop in Toyama.  When the girl I was with took a washroom break I took the opportunity to stare at a poster of beer girls.  I needed that poster.  So I scribbled down some notes (there was a pencil there to write down your order, thank goodness! and I had a piece of paper of some kind in my pocket.)

Weeks later... I'm going through some of my papers (I write notes on a lot of things to research later) and I come across this note.  Que me searching for I don't even know how long through Japanese Beer Girl photos and posters on the net.

Thank you Japan for this type of advertising!

After a fair amount of time searching I FINALLY found a good size picture of what I was looking for!  Now I can make my own poster if I want to!  (Although that would be pretty obsessive... Maybe just a small print out.)

I'm not sure what it is about this poster that captured my attention so much.  Probably just the sheer number of girls.  And the uniformity.  It's composed quite nicely.  Although in the original version I saw at the sushi shop they were holding fake photoshopped beer mugs which also added an extra draw.


I'm not sure how it happened (probably because of the key words I used in a mixture of Japanese and English) but doing my 'research' I was taken to a few different sites where I also learned about a girls group called "Kara". I was taken with the album cover.

I don't know what they're doing over there in Korea but whatever it is please don't stop.

Which naturally prompted me to research them.  After doing that I came across this image.

wtf is this?! AND in military uniforms!?  My total weakness! omg fml because I'll never get a girl like this but thank you for letting me find this and thank you so much for giving some Korean rich guy the idea to make this band!!!
And as you can guess after I saw THIS I researched them quite ardently and I've never been the same since.

I know what you're thinking and "You're welcome."  However there may be some of you out there who are NOT interested in this type of thing at all (different strokes for different folks and all) so to stay on topic here is a Gundam picture.

I'll finish this someday I swear.

13 comments:

  1. That Mk-II is gorgeous! Wait, I distinctly remember you painting it already...
    Is it bad if the only thing I liked was the RX-178?

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol nice ads and yes musha mk 2 ftw and must get gunpla of all time lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot stop playing the Girls Generation video while at work and have even stuck it on my iphone for when I am out and about. I don't know what it is. I can shake off morning musume and the japanese bands pretty easily but this group, I'm defenseless. All my base (instincts) belong to them...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm.. They're fairly amazing. Cue some intensive google image mining.

    Is that your MkII? If so, nice pose & photography. If not, you should stop obsessing over those women so much and get back to work! xD

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha you should watch Kara's "mister" MV... very lovely butt shaking there ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy post. I actually swallowed an intangible gulp, with my adman's apple moving up and down when looking at these images, and I wasn't looking at the beer or the musha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh BB...you and your need of women. Your current girl not enough for you? =P

    ReplyDelete
  8. I listened to some of their songs, they are pretty good, not what I'd expect from Korea!

    Hahaha, ever since I laid eyes on your blog, in my time of observing you, I have never seen you finish a model completely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. shaomu - no it isnt but i would say its a bit unusual! i dont personally understand how someone couldnt like this but i dont understand that those people do exist! haha. and no thats not my mk.2. i painted the joints gold on mine (like i seem to do with most of my mechs). nothing has been done to that mk.2!! its just a straight build. its all camera work!

    gaigun - you an me both. i never cared for jp girl bands much but this one got my number big time.

    tonzo - haha fairly amazing! i like that. not mine and youre right! BACK TO WORK!!!

    astray - THANK YOU! i watched it! its great!

    g.g. - haha glad you liked it!

    tom - no current girl anymore!

    dav - no. unfortunately my last fully completed model was the sinanju in april 2009. trust me... i'm keenly aware of this fact.

    ReplyDelete
  10. BusterBeam - You jump from Model Kit to Model Kit way too much! you need to stick to One and work on it till your Satisfied.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wishful thinking my friend. its a nice idea but never really works for me in practice! i get bored! i usually take a break and do something else and then come back to it later with more enthusiasm.

    ReplyDelete