Thursday, July 8, 2010

FA Gundam - Ver.2.0 vs, Katoki

I really like the FA Gundam.  Hell I have a FA Gundam T-Shirt.

But I don't really like the ver.2.0 RX-78-2. Yeah I know the frame is amazing and all but I'm just not really feeling the anime proportions and roundness. I want something more menacing. Something like the Katoki version.

Above is the Kyoshiro remix coloured FA Gundam.  GFF version and Ver.2.0 frame version recoloured.  I know they had to go with the newest frame but I have to admit that I'm a bit dissapointed.  I guess if I want my Katoki fix I just have to go for GFF stuff!  Below is a MSV-R version FA Gundam which I also think would look much better in the Katoki style.  Let's face it!  The man is genius.

From Dengeki Hobby Japan - Aug 2010
So where do you fall on this debate? 2.0 or Katoki? Blue or green? 1 or 1b?

Side note I've enjoyed hearing all of your opinions on the last couple topics.  Thanks for letting me know! Helps to see how in touch I am. Or out of touch as the case may be! haha

8 comments:

  1. You could get a resin conversion that uses the OYW Gundam's inner frame

    ReplyDelete
  2. For old Gundam MSVs like th FA, I feel it really has to use Okawara's old proportions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like 'em all. FA gundam has been my favorite ever since reading the Origins story (or was it the OYW manga?) Just glad we finally got an official plamo of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vegita82259 did the conversion kit for the OYW version of the RX-78 recently and I must say that it looks alot better after painting.

    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_0DdEry0RQNU/TBuv0jSlVvI/AAAAAAAAAuE/q5BQmL3Tmmg/s1600/100_6299.JPG

    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_0DdEry0RQNU/TCJWNQzOQHI/AAAAAAAAAuM/K2CrHq3RaZ8/s1600/100_6343.JPG

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the katoki design. I like his designs in general; the proportions and shapes look so cool. However, I find a model which is a ver ka tends to be iffy. The resin kit Vegeta8259 reviewed recently looks pretty spiffy, but I'd DEFINITELY paint it in the blue scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a Amuro verison of 1b too :)
    http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/gundam_efsf/article?mid=6662

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg its beautiful! you did a GREAT job!! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete