Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Gundam Blogger's Meeting

About 2 weeks back I went to Tokyo to visit some old friends and took the time to also meet up with fellow bloggers ASM and Gaigun. First time to meet them and I hope it won't be the last. Nice guys! It was cool to be able to talk about our hobby with each other in person over a couple of drinks. Not just Gundam related topics but life ones too. We aren't one-dimensional!

ASM started off by letting me sign Lupes Sinanju shield which is making it's way around the planet now. It's hit up all 3 of us in Japan plus Z in the States and it's already made it's way to Australia!


After that we decided to take a walk around Akiba a bit.  As it turns out the Gundam Cafe was right across from where we were drinking.

I couldn't believe this line!  wtf?  I guess I shouldn't be surprised that there were that many Gundam fans in Akihabara that want to drink there too.  It was Saturday night after all.

Total weakness for female military uniform cosplay especially Feds.  Very cute!  I wonder what type of bottoms they wear?  Can't see because of that counter!
Oh!  I see...  I would have prefered a skirt and black knee highs but hey... this is certainly nothing to be angry at!


I don't drink coffee actually.  I am a bit curious about this blend though!


Cafe in the day, bar at night.  I'm kinda sad that I didn't get a chance to go in but I got a good idea of what it's like just from looking through the windows.  Probably over priced anyways.  We had a better time drinking on the street and hanging out with the maids.


Damn that's a lot of people.  I'll get my revenge someday!

8 comments:

  1. nice. a customized Sinanju shield was their gift to you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. no lupes just wants us to sign his shield

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think its a great idea to sign shields of fellow bloggers.
    it like the things you see in military movies : planes with pictures that tell something about the pilot.
    a real nice personal touch.

    i wish i could met more gundam builders, met only a few since there arent that many in the netherlands.

    and the cafe looks cool too.
    got any projects going at the moment busterbeam ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post BB!

    Hey I was just emailing GunGai yesterday about gunpla stuff. And I told him that I am planning a trip to HK & Japan sometime in the summer. Since I am going to start a side biz selling toys & stuff, thought I would travel around to meet with vendors & check out product pricings.

    I think it would be nice to finally meet u guys in person. i will let you guys know when I will be in Tokyo, and see if a meet is possible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that would be awesome if you could!

    marc - too many! 1/100 f91, musha mark2, mgij, mainly. murasame, 1.5 gundam secondary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to have the shied+the plaque back home. Started cutting out parts for the Musha Mk II, but GAF is down so I can't make the GB thread.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rent-a-Zaku/GM then your vengeance is nigh >=]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shield & Plaque en route to USofA as of today =). Damn I want to attend one of these meetups.

    ReplyDelete