Thursday, April 1, 2010

VF-25G - Assembly Complete

It certainly took some time to make this but it wasn't so bad all around. This is my first time making a transforming Macross fighter and I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed the process. Lot's of little parts but the metal bars that come with it really add to the stability of the machine.

There are lots of little armour parts to give the plane a smooth look in vehicle mode and I was pleasantly surprised with how similar the transforming process is to the original Valkyries. More complicated for sure but just similar enough to make it seem like an upgraded version of an older machine. Which it is.

No embedded landing gear. Those require extra parts and they're so big that's there's no way they couldn't realistically be housed inside of the legs. The parts that spread on the sniper rifle get loose easily. The way the shield attaches to the back of the plane could use a bit more effort. It can be quite loose.

But this is without question a beautiful model. The lines, the transformations, the sheer engineering of it... I'm very impressed. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it right now but that will be a project for a later date. As is my way, I build first and then paint much later down the road.

When I do paint it, I don't think that I'll be deviating from this colour scheme much. Metallic blue and I'll use SOME of the decals that the kit came with. A bit of silver here and there. Nothing crazy... I just want it to look more like itself if that makes any sense.

It'd be easier to see all the details on any of the other VF-25's because of their lighter colour schemes but I choose the blue because I thought it looked best. That and I liked the shape of the head more than any of the other Messiahs.

For now I'm just going to admire this simple form of the model while I work on other projects. I'm keeping my eyes open for the optional Super Pack in the meantime. Too bad they never made an optional Armour pack. Someday maybe.

2 comments:

  1. this really inspires me to finish my 2 messiahs models.

    i agree about the paint though using i think that using gloss topcoat would do the trick to make it look more bright.

    idk if i should wait how your model looks after the metallic paint or go ahead with what i have planned to do.

    i like your work, it sure inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dont wait for me because i'll take a long time i think. gloss topcoat could be nice! and thank you for your kind words. I'm glad I could help inspire you! that means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete