Monday, April 26, 2010

Seed vs. Astray - Van/Amatsu/Savior

This is the nail in the coffin.  I officially think this series is a silly waste of time.


A backpack on top of a backpack?  And does it transform and if it does how ridiculous does that look?  What's next?  A Sword/Launcher Striker Pack on top of all this!?

Well that actually looks cool but that's not the point!

I don't think there's one design that I liked from this series even though I know a lot of people like the Nix Providence Gundam I personally think it's ugly.  Not to mention those "Beast Astray" things...

I don't know who the designer is for this stuff but it's starting to make me think that it's just some hack who was told by Bandai "We want an original design but we want you to use only the parts that we've already designed so just mix and match them together."  Lame.

I'm angry about this.  I love the Savior Gundam.  It's one of my favourite Gundams ever and I hate seeing this crap being done to it.

Sorry if I offend anyone with this post but I just can't let this one slide.  This is horrible.  Bandai shouldn't have wasted their time and resources on this crap.  They'd have been better off putting those resources in one original design from the X or W series.  This type of crap can get made (at the very least designed) but an HG Tallgeese gets shelved for a decade?  Ugh.

10 comments:

  1. I do have to agree. The fact that it slipped into the MG market bugs me aswell. I'm getti8ng the red frame kai, but I'd much rather get the normal red frame.

    I'm planning on getting the 1/100 non-grade and modding it's backpack to fit on the Master grade. then using the rest to make a custom gold frame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As terrible as it sounds, I've never really taken the Vs Astray series seriously ever since the first kits came out. This article pretty much cemented my perception of the Vs Astray line as a group of lazy mix-and-match kits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same here, if anything, these kits seem to be just rehashes and mixes of previous Gundam designs. This one obviously based off the Zeta line, just look at the legs. These kits seem to be aimed more at the younger generation though anyways, mainly those who grew up with Seed and Seed Destiny. Which, as we all know, is simply a means to get the younger people into Gundam anyways...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Next they'll add a tactical arms and anti-ship swords to it. Seed has always been shit when it comes to original ideas.
    The only kit from Seed I have is the MG blue frame. I may get the Red frame but after that Seed is dead to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the color schemes for vs astray are the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yea i actually hate the vent saviour with the pack on but da color is decent enough. among all the new ones that came out i like gale strike da most even if its like a re-made but oh well

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey com'n it can be all that bad, with all the freaking absurdity the mecha world has shown has, doubling is just not enough, quadrupeling is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey i actually like the new Van Savior with Amatsu backpack... Already liked it for the new head design which looks more menacing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd like to see variations like this more- i got pissed off with the number of Zaku, RX-78 and GM variations and many of the UC Mobile Suits... Just amused people complain about variations of other series but they never complain about UC's variations, and all the over 20 MG Zaku kits so far. =.=

    ReplyDelete
  10. The whole Vs. Astray series has just been a waste. From the manga/photonovel/whatever its supposed to be to the gunpla rehash... I mean... releases, it was all just to try and keep SEED alive with 00 & Unicorn. I'm not so critical of SEED as opposed to others, but I'd have preferred that they left the SEED series dormant at the movie that'll never be released.

    ReplyDelete