Monday, April 19, 2010

MG Musha Gundam Mark II Special Decals?!

According to Ngee Khiong the China release of the kit comes with these special decals.


You mean I can't get these in Japan? On first glance I felt a bit disappointed but after thinking about it... Do I really want a flower print Gundam?

Actually... I think I might. It reminds of one of my favourite planes from Ace Combat 5.

You know... I can imagine what most of you are thinking? Really? Flowers on your war machine? Yes I know. I feel the same way but there's just something about the contrast. And I like purple...

I wonder if I'd use the decals if I could actually get my hands on them. I actually think I would to be honest with you. It doesn't look that great here but with the right paint, I think this could kick my Musha Mark II project up from "impressive" to "epic".

I doubt I'll be able to get my hands on them but... in this day and age is there anything that you can't buy on the internet? And we are talking about China here. In a country of 1.3 billion people surely a couple people must be selling them.

Anyway what do you think? Are flower/leaf prints on your Gundam acceptable? Would you want that?

11 comments:

  1. acceptable. macross can't have all the decal fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Acceptable too... it really depends how the model looks like in the end in whole... and i believe the decals here is... not to say nice, but i would rather use the word "matching"

    ReplyDelete
  3. um to just remind u those are foil stickers apparently so its gonna look shitty overtime just saying i would get it if it was decals lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks so, no even moar B@DASS than it used to be!!!, too bad its in china, and its sticker.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As pointed out by Asian Skill 1 the article alludes to them being foil stickers and not decals. I have been burned by the term "special markings" before. It almost always means stickers. That aside, I think it looks interesting. I'm not sold on the Musha MkII so I will say this is the most appealing pic I've seen of it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm... These issues could have been easily solved by going for custom decals i think... I'm not really sure whether it's available at your place, but i do have a anime merchandise seller who prints and takes custom decal orders, for any image or photo you submit to them... just print some sakura decals... ^^;

    ReplyDelete
  7. the Zipang F-14 is hotness, I love it and AC6. We should play some time!

    if they were decals i'd probably be considering them as well, but honestly if you really wanted to put them on your musha perhaps you could check in with the fellas at samuel decal about getting a similar sheet made?

    ReplyDelete
  8. so sad though AC6 is only for xbox and not ps3 so yea

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't know if you heard Bb but GURU passed away yesterday. Terrible news and a sad day for hip hop. RIP. Thought you should know.

    ReplyDelete
  10. yeah tonzo i heard! it sucks! hard to earn is what got me into hip hop! sad day indeed

    ReplyDelete
  11. back on topic, yeah im a bit concerned about them being stickers and not decals. i only use stickers for lenses and sometimes not even then.

    custom decals would be nice but i dont think i want to risk it on this project. someday i'll do it!

    lupes - whenever i get xbox live you're on! haha im still using my silver account. i dont have time to get into online games right now. offline is bad enough.

    ReplyDelete