Saturday, April 3, 2010

MG Infinite Justice WIP - Preface

I'm suspending all my other projects now to work on this. Actually I'm cutting out the GM Quel when I feel like doing less creative things and just need to shut my brain down for a bit or when I'm waiting for the paint to dry.

First thing is I have to find the damn model. I often pack my unfinished models away but I have so many Gundam boxes that I lose track of where what is.

I found it this plastic bag. Everything except for the torso which was in another place


Found everything EXCEPT for the small piece that keeps the V-Fin in place... Of all the pieces to lose... I have to lose one that small.

I need that piece so... commence the cleanup... of EVERY Gundam part that I have... which is substantial.

Everything was quite scattered around in a bunch of different boxes. I have a lot of models sitting in hibernation right now. A lot of accessories, weapons, hands, extra PC parts, extra everything it seems.

I organized it into some different categories then placed them into their own bags. Models, weapons and hands, PC parts, extra parts, accesories, and display stand parts.



Lotta PC parts. And this is with most of the unnecessary runner parts snipped off!

It took some time but I guess I was just driven. I didn't quite feel like myself. More focused than usual.


Just kinda zoned out and organized while listening to music. I get that way at night sometimes. This was around 2am.

I cut parts off of runners and threw the runners away to save on space.



I went through a lot of plastic.


What am I going to do with all these guys?

And after all of that I STILL didn't find the one piece I was looking for!



Packed everything up and decided that I'd just have to make another one...

And then...


There it was. Sitting on my handkerchief. I don't know how or when I got there. I don't really care but I'm glad it decided to show up!

So he's back to combat readiness again and waiting for his upgrade.

11 comments:

  1. lol i also get very pissed off i ended up sweeping my room and then check the dusts and rubbish i collected if i drop a crest like this on the floor...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too lost the same bit but for my 1/100 Aile Strike but it somehow made it's way back to me - Was taking pics up in my attic(best light) and it fell off and down through a crack in the floorboards by some pipes, travelled all the way through and landed on Wifeys desk downstairs, it's such a tiny piece I thought it was gone forever!

    Do you have any stores that sell spare Gunpla parts where you are? Wish I did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we do actually but most of us just order straight from bandai if its worth it.

    glad you found the piece! it took an amazing trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. re-colour, minor mods. nothing too crazy actually.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah.. whats your plan on this IJ?.. i always blame myself more when i lost the part.. somehow it will re-appear after i give up on finding it.. well.. my suggestion is don't cut all those small parts out if you not going to assemble it yet..

    ReplyDelete
  6. i understand the feeling too... it is very annoying and frustrated if u complete everything but one part is missing!! lucky u found it. looking forward to ur ij mod ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah once I had lost a faceplate for a kit I was building... I was on quite a rampage about it too.

    What kinda mods do you have in mind?

    ReplyDelete
  8. only one major one which is making the shoulder 'blades' into 'destiny' style beam boomerangs. still working out how thats going to work tho!

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol dat would suck if u lost it. finding such a small piece would take forever lol but yea cant w8 to see ur IJ since its been abt a year rite since u first built it???

    ReplyDelete
  10. yeah! early nov. 2008. damn i suck.

    http://plamoaddiction.blogspot.com/2008/11/mg-infinite-justice-construction.html

    ReplyDelete