Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Flickr


4336272715_09ed2501df_o
Originally uploaded by Busterbeam
Flickr's being a pain in the butt recently so I haven't been uploading stuff as of late. The 'uploader' program screws up on me constantly, freezing during mid-upload, and it seems to upload pictures randomly and not in any set order making it a pain to figure out which ones it uploaded and which ones it didn't.

It seems kind of silly to keep paying for a service that doesn't even work that great. But that said... they've got me locked in as all of my galleries link to my Flickr photo sets which are no longer available because I decided not to pay when I was supposed to. I can re-open them again but I feel that they may have me by the balls on this one. Granted it's only 20 bucks a year but I'm just going to keep paying for that indefinitely? Don't see a good way around it right now so I might just suck it up until I can figure something out.

Anyway, here's a small pic drop. I'll try and do the rest a bit later.

5 comments:

  1. I have a pro account in photobucket and it's doing just fine...maybe you could try to set up an account there. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howabout a completely free account at MajHost? I've been using it since it was still just Maj, and it still works wonderfully. Easy signup and everything, you can upload zip files, which open and spill the contents into whatever folder you upload it into. It's not nearly as fancy as any of the more modern sites like Photobucket or Flickr, but it gets the job done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. have you tried Picasa? using it right now and I have to say it realy good

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been using free accounts. I wouldn't mind paying but i dun have credit card. The issues i have is not about the space available, but the bandwidth. I use a few accounts to control my bandwidth... ==; Don't understand why the bandwidth usage is large (around 6Gb per month) despite locking my albums private. They are only used in my blog...

    ReplyDelete