Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Finished: Ebon Enforcer w/ Rocket Bazooka

Ah! I forgot I saved this as a draft! I don't know why I just didn't post it right away. Well this is it I guess. I don't think I'm going to get down and dirty with a 'proper' photo shoot so I hope these pics will be sufficient. I tried using a different background and lighting set up this time and I have to admit that I don't really like it so much. Overheard florescent lights. Too cold. The lamp light in the upper left corner adds a bit of warmth but not enough.

I don't mind the background so much but the lighting could use more work. I like the wooden table background that most of my "WIP" pics have but I figured I'd try something more uniform this time (as is the trend with most Gunpla pics)

All assembled... He's quite a beast
Is that dust?! OMG.


Loving the lenses, I have to admit...
Now if only I could remember where I put the rest of those Aurora decals! O_O


New home (Since changed with the addition of two more MG's)



It's been a long time coming but now I think I can finally can this Sinanju "Done."

Only took about a year. Yikes. A lot of up's and down's including more than my fair share of breakage. I really wanted stability with this project but the painting process actually caused the opposite effect. Now I'm afraid to pose it out of fear of it breaking. It's become more fragile then I'd hoped but... Like with everything I do, it's been a learning experience... And I definitely learned a lot from this project.

There are a lot of models out there and you all know that I have enough to keep myself busy for some time so... time to move on and put the Sinanju behind me. Other kits await and demand my attention. More projects to learn and grow from.

I think this model is the best one I've done so far and the most complete.

This year that's going to change.

8 comments:

  1. lol dats true u did have alot of downs with parts breaking and i was shocked too but, seeing how u handled it, it was all good in the end so its all good and yes i hope to see more in this coming year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Photos 3,4,5, and 6 are bad ass.

    This labour of love (/hate?) has paid dividends as far as I'm concerned. It looks teriffic and you should hold your head high as it's really quite an acheivement. Your bazooka work has capped it off. It's so complementary to the model. You have used exactly the right colours in the right amounts and places. Bravo old chap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with the other commenters, your hard work has paid off, this model is a masterpiece! Looking forward to seeing what you create this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you did a real nice job on fixing it.
    and almost everything looks good on it.
    too bad that some of the parts like the bazooka aint availble in europe (big bummer)

    good luck with your next model.

    ReplyDelete
  5. NICE!!! I've been looking at your Sinanju so much over this year, that I think your color should've been the one used in the novel/anime.

    The one year work on this is well worth it.

    Just one question, did you use you new airbrush to do the bazooka?

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes i did actually! that was the first time id used an airbrush!

    thanks for the comments guys. its appreciated

    ReplyDelete
  7. *sheds a tear* its beauty is beyond my limited vocabulary. I can understand why you don't want to pose it and such. That is also a great pose to leave it in! Oh how I wish I can photoshoot your Ebon Enforcer... *o*

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha id probably like that a lot too! thanks for the kind words!

    ReplyDelete