Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Just say NO to flash w/ XXXG-01H2 Gundam Heavyarms Kai (OVA version)

Let me show you why you shouldn't use flash in your pictures young man. To his credit, he's got great poses and his lining/decal work is solid. But come on... you're going to go that far and not even take decent pictures? Give your models some more credit!

Check it out!

This is your Gundam model 'au naturale'.


This is your Gundam model with FLASH.


Any questions?

Just say NO to FLASH

This message has been brought to you by Busterbeam; "For a FLASH free Gundam modelling community."

Yeah I'm a cheeky bastard. Moving on...

I bought this model in America in a shop called "Target". I found it during a road trip to Buffalo. It was cheap and it looked cool so I bought it. Glad I did. It really is a great looking model. I don't have many complaints. It looks pretty good OOB (out of the box) and stands up reasonably well, that is if you're willing to let it's arms just hang to it's sides. Which brings me to my one major complaint about this model. The arms are way too puny to hold those massive gatling guns outward. I had to use a little bit of wood glue on the elbow joints just to get them to hold up even a bit. Otherwise... I love this model.

Let's be honest... no one is going to buy this thing to do some agile space flying battle pose. You're going to buy it because it looks freaking badass posted up with those giant double gats in either arm. None of us really have high expectations for this model so it's hard to dissappoint since the proportions are spot on.

Upgrade outline: seam lines, panel lines, hard core weapon/missile pod detailing. I already like the colour scheme so maybe just some flat topcoat.

Rating: 8/10 - Really... it's just cool to look at.

8 comments:

  1. i noe rite dis model is badass as one of da most heavy armed gundams lol but yea its good to paint da missles to make it more cooler

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that heavy armed gundam.

    I was afraid that when I click on the 'young man' link, it would be my blog. LOL

    btw, I got my HG 0 Gundam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seen his site a couple weeks back he has a lot of pictures and even lots of gunpla..

    Too bad it's all wasted when he used 'flash'..

    ReplyDelete
  4. you know, I think I have this kit back home in America myself. Back when they were showing Gundam Wing, I was pretty ignorant and just got a couple of kits to build. Had no idea of the depth of Gunpla at the time, hell, I don't think I even used snippers! Ah the ignorance of youth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mine's the metallic clear version...which kinda looks horrible (mainly i'm no fan of clear gundams)

    Ain't possible me thinks to get the normal version nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kinda lucky of you to be able to find this kit, the old HG Wing/EW models are a real pain to find nowadays. I'd love to get my hands on a TV version Wing Zero HG and mod the everloving hell out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. au naturale ftw! and yes, the 1/100 HA is a very good model. I would say one of the least flawed in its line-up and also one of the most stable ^^. What I did back then with the loose joints was stuff paper tissue in them and it would work for awhile before it sags right back down xD.

    ReplyDelete
  8. G.G. no you know your stuff and take decent pictures. your blog seems to be doing quite well! keep up the good work! looking forward to seeing your take on the 0 Gundam. I love mine to pieces! SO glad I got it!

    ASM - i know what you mean. thats what this part of my blog is all about. I know so much more now then when i first got these kits.

    lsguna - yeah the metal clear version is the only one that i've been seeing recently too. i dont like it myself either but im sure the original one has got to be out there somewhere!

    lupes - i know what you mean. that version is actually one of my favourites of all the wing zero's. those hg/wing/ew kits are out there though! ive seen em! granted im in japan but still.

    z - LOL paper tissue! never thought of that. cheap and quick way to go haha

    ReplyDelete