Wednesday, August 5, 2009

HGUC MSN-00100 Hyaku Shiki

The 3rd model that I'm showing from my collection of 'those who remain behind', this HGUC 1/144 Hyaku Shiki is also a model that I bought in Japan and brought back to Canada with me after my '1st life' in Japan finished.. It was purchased at the same time or close the time I bought the HG Buster Gundam.
I owned a 1/100 no grade Hyaku Shiki from before and wasn't satisfied with it (you'll see why soon.) and ended up buying this one with 'revenge' in mind. I'm glad I did. It's a really good model. Great proportions, decent articulation and a reasonable number of accesories make this kit a winner.
The one problem is the metallic gold finish fades in places and it's really hard to correct that. Also covering up seam lines and nip marks, with any kit that has a coating like this is, a difficult thing to do completely.

That said... it is a beautiful model and recommended for any Z Gundam and Type 100 fans..

Upgrade outline: Frame highlighting/detailing, change the colours of the wires/tubing and feet, probably change the torso to flat black, weapon detailing, after-market hands, additional weapons.

Rating: 8/10


3 comments:

  1. hye i got one also from my frend at hong kong he gave me ,,is your look like this?

    http://www.mudah.my/Gundam-GFF-Hiyaku-Shiki-3252720.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you got some work ahead of you. When will u work on the 0 Gundam.

    I plan to make my purchase next week. =P Also, I can't wait for the HGUC Jegan... oh so hot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gunpla - no. i have this one. http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2093/2196408363_0238737e3a_o.jpg

    g.g - work on the 0 gundam has already started. and you're right! jegan is looking good!

    ReplyDelete