Wednesday, July 1, 2009

MS-07 H8 Gouf Flight Type


I am weak.
I couldn't resist! It was only 750 yen and I'd never seen it before and I didn't know that it even existed and that there was a seperate HG line for 08th Team designs and and and...
The truth is that I saw it last week and thought that it was cool but I left it alone. I went back this week (for something unrelated to Gundams) and it was gone! I was looking around for it and found it shoved on a bottom shelf somewhere... Someone was trying to hide it! And there was only one... So I bought it! I couldn't let it slip through my fingers! I mean if I'd never seen it before in all the time that I've been looking at models and someone went through the trouble of hiding it... It must be rare... And finally there was the fact that I've always thought that the Gouf Flight Type was cool. So a bunch of factors said... "Do it. Just do it."
And I did.
Now I have it... but what am I going to do with it? And more importantly... WHEN am I going to do it?

9 comments:

  1. So much for self control eh? Gatling = instant win in my books.

    http://hlj.com/product/BAN61219

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew they made a kit for that! Good find, but all those questions do apply. the G04 beckons you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This kit is from way back man. Good buy, for 750 yen...I would get it too.

    "Somene was trying to hide it!" LOL thats usually my trick when I see a book I want and is the last one, I would hide it in the Romance section. =)

    So what kit are you working on right now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. tonzo - yeah self control cracked. couldnt let this one slide

    zro - you are right. it is. its foremost in my mind right now as far as gunpla projects go

    G.G. - back to the G04. i updated my WIP recently so you can check the link on the side bar if youre interested.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Buster, I saw that kit the other day myself. It looks like they're bringing back either old stock, or reissuing old stock... I also saw a line of 1/60 Goufs and a Tri-Star Zaku that was about 1500 yen. Obviously a old line from I guess the 80's or early 90's. The proportions looked really crappy too. If I see it again I'll snap a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol nice control but yea it pretty rare where u live but in richmond vancouver deres a lot of it in this one place i used to go to and i haf it too lol. ma first line of collection was the 08th ms so yea hehe

    j-asian1skill

    ReplyDelete
  7. ASM - yeah i saw your post. the old stock from the 80's in particular has such terrible proportions most of them time. i remember getting a 1/60 hyaku shiki from that era. not very cool.

    ja1s - you have this one too? funny i didnt see it in your gallery which is understandable because you have like 1000 gundams!!! haha i probably missed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Saw this kit a while ago, but never picked it up myself. I figured that it would be close to the quality of the HG wing kits. Still, would love to see pics of the finished product :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. mm i think its reasonable to say that it is. not very complicated but the molding is nice. it'll look good in the hands of a skilled artist i think. whether i am such a person or not remains to be seen haha

    ReplyDelete