Wednesday, April 15, 2009

PG Blue Frame and PG Red Frame - Work Log 1

Same deal as the Gold and Green frames that preceded it.



Update:

After I finished the Sinanju I took a couple of days off (about 3) and started on the PG Red Frame.

It has been a joy to build.

Initially, I thought that I'd just cut and assemble but I couldn't bring myself to leave the nubs on so I shaved them off of all the pieces. Even the polycaps.

Just looking at all the detail on frame... It makes me want to spend SO much time on the smallest part just to bring all that mechanical detailed goodness to light. But if I did that, 1. It would take forever 2. It would all be covered up. Not only by the armour but also by other pieces of the frame! Frames within frames... I forgot what PG's are like.

I've been doing one section a night. Trying to at least. I'm on a good pace right now. I've decided to let the details go for now and just stick with my original concept. That means I have to build the frame first (not even cutting the armour off the sprues yet) and once that's done I'm going to prime it for the re-colour job I'm planning. Even though most of it is going to be covered up by armour in the end... In this case, it's the principle of it that matters.

4 comments:

  1. I am eager to see what color you chose for the kit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish can buy back and decorate to Astray Gold Frame Amatsu Okitsu Kagami Ver. =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. As much as I like the red frame, I have to admit, blue looks pretty striking to me. Knowing Bandai and their fun of whoring variations to all ends, I'm thinking there will be another color variant out before the end of the year...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Double G! You're still alive! good to see you man. but yeah... no comment on the colour yet.

    Azure - upgrading to that version would take a lot of effort! It would look really cool tho!

    rob - i feel the same as you. i wonder what the next one will be. blue would be the most popular after red. and making the extra parts to convert it into 2nd L mode would take up about 1 or 2 extra panels at most. tactical arms a bit more but... its do-able. they'd get a lot of cash from that im sure.

    ReplyDelete