Sunday, November 30, 2008

GN-XXX Gundam Rasiel

So I picked up this month's Dengeki Hobby, with the 1/144 FG Rasiel attached. If you didn't know, FG in this case does NOT stand for First Grade. It stands for FUROKU, which means 'supplemental' or something of the like. It has the meaning of a grade that is used for attachments to the magazine and boy does it look like one. One panel and practically no moving parts. In order to get this model working like a regular HG it will need a LOT of modifications which they illustrate at length in this magazine.

Although I have a subscription to Hobby Japan I've bought my fair share of Dengeki Hobby's and I really like it as a magazine. I prefer the posters in Dengeki Hobby as opposed to the FIX style posters that are in Hobby Japan. And the modelling spreads are done a bit better too. Hobby Japan edge's Dengeki Hobby out on content though. There's just more stuff in it.

Anyways here are some pics of my Rasiel. This was seriously just a cut and paste job. I didn't even take the time to de-nub properly. Shockingly fast build. It was nice. I could just clean up the lines a bit and paint it as is... but I'm thinking of making this a more involved project just for the sake of learning some new techniques. Rasiel is going on the back burner but I'm glad I have it. Eventually I hope to do it justice and make a simple one panel Furoku Grade model into something much more.


No comments:

Post a Comment