Wednesday, October 22, 2008

GN-X III - Seam lines and sanding

OK here are some pics of the puttying and sanding process. Only these 8 parts. The sanding worked well. Got the surface really smooth and filled in a lot of the tiny little cracks and grooves that I couldnt' see with my own eyes. The areas close to seam itself are always a bit off so it's good to use this type of putty if you want everything to be even.

I've decided that I'm going to prime it. I forgot that priming is also useful for when you want to test the surface to see if the paint's going to go on evenly. I did that with my G04, found that my putty job was sub par after priming and did it again.

2 comments:

  1. you can also use a pencil over the seam in question to spot imperfections. It's pretty useful if you don't want to waste primer on a small spot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the advice. its my first time trying it so i figured i'd just go all out.

    ReplyDelete