Thursday, May 22, 2008

MSN-001A1 Delta Plus


msn001
Originally uploaded by Busterbeam

This suit also made quite an impression on me. It reminded me so much of what I liked about the Hyaku Shiki. The feeling of speed and lightness. The exposed leg frame. The pipes and tubes. The wing binders. I like the grey as well. The monochrome scheme suits the design I think. Or is that just my personal preference talking again? Well take a look at this silver custom Hyaku Shiki "Cannon".


Does that not look cool or what? The gold is nice but damn…


Unfortunately this Delta Plus model doesn't transform because I’d love to see it in “wave rider" mode. It’s like a combination of the Zeta and Hyaku Shiki. If there’s one thing that I'll always love about Zeta Gundam it’s that it was the series that brought us the MSN series of suits. Another one of my favourites but I have to withhold my judgement on this suit until I see it in wave rider mode. From what I understand the Hyaku Shiki was supposed to be THIS suit but couldn't be developed at the time do to the weak frame so they just made it into the non transforming Hyaku Shiki. The project was re-opened later and about 10 years after the Hyaku Shiki the Delta Plus was finally realized but had trouble being placed in squadrons due to its uniqueness. It’s a prototype for mass production purposes so I think there are a couple of these suits floating around. Maybe 4. Don't quote me on that though.

No comments:

Post a Comment