Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Skull Squadron!


Image083
Originally uploaded by Busterbeam

Finally! Just a couple hours after posting that I found it! VF-1S!!! Now my collection is complete. But limited edition versions of Max's and Miriya's units are scheduled to come out in May. 'Limited edition' so I might not be able to get my hands on them. I'm going to try though! In June, Macross Plus unit's YF-19 and YF-21 are also scheduled to come out... so I'm in lucky I'll be able to have 4 more added to my collection before July.

I got lucky today... I was out playing 「機動戦士ガンダム 戦場の絆」 [Gundam POD game - Senjou no Kizuna. Just got my first promotion to 一等兵 (ittouhei) from 二等兵(nitouhei)which is the rank you get when you start. Currently using RX-79 Ground Gundam a lot.]

After that decided to go shopping for food (bought a bunch of nice cheeses!) and then was going to check out my local hobby shop to see if anything new came out. Even though I'd seen Overflag and Zwei on Saturday, I had a feeling my local place would have a little extra. And they did.

However on my way there I noticed a manga shop that I'd never seen before, and where there's manga, there's anime and where there's anime there are figures and plamo.

This place was INSANE. I couldn't believe that it had been so close to me but I'd never seen it. They had posters up all over the place saying NO PICTURES so I didn't take any, but I really would have liked to.

Anyways FINALLY found the VF-1S on the 2nd floor. Last one! I'd been searching for this thing for so long... and then just randomly I finally got it. Along with the new Dengeki Hobby but more on that later.

After that went to my local place and found HG RX-93 Nu Gundam - like... 50 of them (no joke). Amazingly over stocked. Plus Jumbo 1/35 Zeta Gundam. This was WAY bigger than I thought it was going to be. Transforms too. Pics of those later.

Dengeki Hobby has a lot of treats.

Zaku Minelayer
Astraea with GN Arms E
Plutone Core Fighter
Green Astray
HG Nu Gundam
MG Impulse design sketchs
1/100 Astraea
1/100 Overflag
MSJ-04 Fanton (from Gundam 00)
MSER-04 Anf (from Gundam 00)
1/144 O Gundam
HG Nadleeh
HCM Pro Teiren Space Type
MG Launcher/Sword Strike Gundam
HCM Pro Deathscythe (looks REALLY nice!) amongst others including some really lovely posters.

Not to mention my new project that I've started but haven't really told anyone about. I think I'll just leave it as a surprise... but Powered GM is going on hold for a little while. For now... just going to enjoy my newly acquired and finally united, Revoltech Skull Squadron.

but stay tuned. Lots of good stuff coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment